As always, we are putting safety first to protect our families and staff.
- Handwashing and sanitizing. Everyone who enters the site will need to wash hands, and we’ll continue to integrate handwashing into the curriculum. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the site.
- Follow CDC travel guidance. As states and countries lift their restrictions, please pay close attention to CDC guidance around travel to specific regions. If you travel to these regions, you will need to follow CDC guidance for quarantining yourself and your family before returning to Champions.
- Stay home if sick. If you or your child has been sick, we ask that the ill person stay home until they’ve been symptom-free without medication for at least 48 hours. Sites will be open to well individuals only.
- Sick space. Sites will have a dedicated space where staff can care for sick children while being separated from others until a family member arrives to pick up.
- Same person drop-off and pick-up. Families are asked to assign one family member for drop off and pick up to minimize exposure to multiple people. If this is not possible, we ask parents to call the site upon arrival and the staff will bring children in from, and out to the car.
- Protective equipment. All staff will be required to wear masks.
- Health screening and temperature checks. All staff will be asked to take their temperature each day and must be fever-free before arriving at Champions. We ask parents to take their child’s temperature before coming to Champions. When families sign in for the day, they will need to confirm their child is well before our staff brings them to the into the site. Thermometers are available for on-site temperature checks, and staff will monitor student health throughout the day.
- Restricted access. To minimize potential exposure, we ask that families not walk your child into the site when you arrive. Instead, please wait for staff at the check-in station, and they will walk your child into the site. Sites will be reserved for staff and children only.
- Social distancing. We’ll continue to practice social distancing as much as possible to reduce risk. To minimize potential exposure, children will continue to keep distance from children and staff in other areas of the school.
- Site cleanliness. Toys, playground equipment, and other high-touch surfaces will be regularly disinfected and rotated throughout the day. We will pause the use of any materials that are difficult to clean.
- Modifications to snack service. We’ve modified our shared snack time practices to reduce the spread of germs.
- Playground restrictions. Outdoor play structures will be utilized by one group at a time, with increased time between play to allow for cleaning.
- Health screening and temperature checks. Instead of families taking children’s temperatures at home, our staff may check temperatures on-site at check-in.
- Stay home if sick. Instead of 48 hours, we may require sick individuals to be symptom-free 72 hours before returning to Champions.
- Naptime adjustments. In sites that offer napping areas, children will continue to sleep (without masks) six feet apart whenever possible and be positioned alternating head to toe or toe to toe. Bedding will be laundered nightly. Stuffed toys and personal items will be sent home nightly for laundering to help combat germs in the site.
- Field trips and events. Trips and events could be cancelled or postponed until further notice.
Frequently Asked Questions