Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Champions
Your child belongs in our circle.No matter your child's age, you have big dreams for their future. So do we. That’s why we commit to preparing them for the next step at school—and beyond.
Children of all ages are able to learn how to practice empathy, compassion, and understanding. And everything they do—from reading books and making art to even having lunch—can be experienced through an inclusive lens.Browse through this page to learn how we approach educating early learners on the fundamentals of acceptance, how we celebrate differences in our programs, and how we honor diversity in our community. You’ll also find resources and ideas for practicing inclusion and compassion at home.
Bring inclusion home.Teaching empathy, compassion and understanding to kids is much easier than you think! In fact, you may be doing a lot of it already. Click through the tabs below to get more ideas on how to bring these important lessons home!
Involve older children in conversations about fairness and justice.
Fairness and justice are hot topics for this age group, and that makes these concepts easy for them to relate to.
Expand your child’s point of view (in big and small ways).
Use everyday moments as teachable opportunities to open your child to other points of view and new experiences.
Learn about understanding and inclusion.
The lessons they learn now will build on new ones as your child grows, helping them develop a foundation for empathy, compassion, and understanding.
Our programs are safe, supportive learning environments.
Respecting all kinds of families, and fostering a safe, welcoming community is foundational to who we are. In big cities and small towns, families come to us from every walk of life. When you join us, we’re committed to valuing the experiences and traditions you bring with you and honoring them within our community. We do this by:
- Using program materials that reflect diverse identities.
- Creating accessible and equitable spaces, made possible with the support of our Inclusion Services team.
- Educating children to help them recognize and speak out against unfairness.
- Providing support and other accommodations for children with varying needs and abilities.
Learning never stops for our teachers, either. Get a glimpse of their continuing education journey. Culturally Responsive Teaching leads to deeper, more meaningful connections with your child!
Champions is a place that welcomes families of all different backgrounds, means, and structures. We strive to create a place where every child can thrive and feel confident in who they are.
Doing what's right for our employees and our community.
Kids aren’t the only ones learning at Champions! Education is a lifelong journey, and we are committed to learning about and creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive spaces for all of our employees. In addition to leaning in and listening to our employees, and honoring their experiences, we’re working on taking meaningful steps forward in our journey in ways that benefit our students, families, employees, and the communities where we work and live.
“It’s our responsibility to challenge ourselves to do the work and nurture a diverse and inclusive environment, one where our employees and the children and families we serve are seen, heard, and valued.”
–KinderCare Learning Companies Chairman and CEO, Tom Wyatt.
Here are a few things we’re doing right now:
- Giving our employees space to be heard and opportunities to learn with employee resource groups and teacher trainings.
- Working with experts in the DEI field to help us identify areas for improvement and define a way forward.
- Partnering with underrepresented groups within our company and assigning a leadership caucus to represent interests within our business.
- Supporting local communities through partnerships that place importance on education equity, early childhood literacy, whole- child health, and more.
- Assisting families of all kinds with child care through benefits programs and subsidies that can help offset the cost of care.
When we all work together, we get closer to creating an inclusive community for all.
View videos from our Champions community.
Watch now for ideas, insights, resources, and so much more.