Free Digital Media
- Brains On (preschool and up): An award-winning science podcast for kids. Host Molly Bloom is joined by a new kid co-host to find answers for fascinating questions about the world (30 min).
- Peace Out (preschool and up): Short stories to help teach about mindfulness and self-regulation (15-20 min)
- Little Stories For Tiny People (toddler and preschool): Original stories and poems written and performed with little people in mind
- Story Pirates (school-age): Have you ever wondered what your child’s story, adapted and acted out by actors and comedians, would sound like? Well look no further than this sketch comedy, musical theater experience.
Explaining COVID-19 and Social Distancing to Children
Virtual Museum Tours
- The Musée du Louvre (school-age): Tour the museum’s exhibits and galleries, right from your living room!
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Seoul: Take a virtual tour of this contemporary art museum in South Korea.
- The Cincinnati Zoo Home Safari (ages 2 and up): Hosting Safari Facebook Live sessions on weekdays starting March 16th at 3 pm EDT, featuring an animal along with an activity that families can do at home.
Community Involvement Ideas
- Pen pal with local elder care or nursing facility
- Write encouraging notes and design art to send to first responders, hospitals, police, fire, etc.
- Create a “selfie” video sharing words of encouragement for the first responders, hospitals, police, fire, etc. That can be shared by families via email, social media, etc.